Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
Do you love Mac and Cheese? Then you will absolutely go for this healthier alternative Pumpkin Mac and Cheese. It's so creamy and rich in taste -> I did eat it straight out of the pan 🙈
It's so nice if you can cook with seasonal vegetables, and you know it better than me that it's still the best time to eat some pumpkin. But did you already experience the full potential of pumpkin? Or are you still just cooking soup out of it? This year I am trying so many new things with pumpkin I had never dreamed of. This absolutely gorgeous Pumpkin Mac and Cheese is new for me too, but when I browsed a bit around Pinterest and saw this amazing looking Pumpkin Mac and Cheese it was sure that I had to try it and come up with a recipe for you.
So please go for it and try it. It's quite easy and quick.
If you are vegan you can just leave the string cheese out, it works absolutely fine without. I would assume the best vegan milk is rice milk, as it has not such a strong taste like nut milk. But, and here comes the but, I mixed some cashew nuts under the pumpkin sauce, so it might work perfect with cashew nut milk -> just give it a try and let me know 😍
Pumpkin Mac and Cheese - 2 Person - 30 Minutes
- 200g Hokkaido pumpkin
- 30g cashew nuts
- 100ml milk (lactose-free, vegan, whatever you drink 🙈)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp paprika powder
- 0.5 tsp sugar
- 200g macaroni
- 60g string cheese
- Steam the pumpkin for 20 minutes at 96° Celcius. If you don't have a steamer, cook it for 20 minutes in a pot with cooking water.
- Add the pumpkin, cashew nuts, milk, lemon juice, salt, paprika powder and sugar to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Season with pepper and more salt if needed.
- Meanwhile, cook the macaroni in a pot with hot water until al dente. Drain the macaroni, but keep a bit of the cooking water by side.
- Put the drained macaroni back into the pot and add the pumpkin sauce and string cheese. Cook for another 2 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted. Add some leftover cooking water if the macaroni gets too dry. You want to have it creamy ❤️
- Enjoy your healthy Pumpkin Mac and Cheese!!!