Rose & Black Tea Latte
Slowly the winter is coming and you have to do something, that you are not going into a deep winter depression. Personally, I do not like winter so much. It's very cold outside, you can not meet your friends for a swim in the river, it's already at 4 PM dark outside... No, I am really no fan of winter.
The only good thing is that you can enjoy some cozy days in your home and do not need to have a bad conscience that you didn't go outside. And exactly for this days, I created the Rose & Black Tea Latte recipe for you. It's perfect for this lazy Sundays or an evening at home after a stressful working day. Holding a warm cup in your hand and smelling the scent of the roses is just wonderful. At least you can enjoy this few minutes winter-depression-free ❤️
Most people here in Switzerland do not drink black tea with milk. It was the English influence of my coworkers from London who taught me that a cup of black tea tastes so much better with some milk in it, and yes it does. And with the combination of the rose water, it's so delicious. So for all black tea with milk newbies out there, please give it a try.
You can find the rose water in almost every Asian shop or in a very big supermarket. Personally, I do not drink cow milk very often, but for this tea, it smells the best and with vegan milk, it's quite difficult to make such a nice milk foam. Try out the lactose-free milk, your milk foam will get super firm.
Rose & Black Tea Latte - 1 Person - 10 Minutes
- 250ml water
- 1 black tea teabag
- 1 tsp rose tea
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp rose water
- 100ml milk (lactose-free works the best)
- Place the water in a small pan and gently bring it to the boil. Turn off the heat but leave it on the cooking stove.
- Add the teabag and the rose tea.
- After 5 minutes, take out the teabag and rose tea. Add the honey and rose water and stir gently until the honey is dissolved.
- Foam the milk in a frother -> I use the milk frother from Nespresso!
- Pour the rose & black tea into a cup or glass and top it with the milk.
*Aline's Suggestion: Top your Rose & Black Tea Latte with some red fruit powder (Strawberry, Blackberry, Acai...). It looks very pretty with some pink powder on top.